Whenever a homeowner has plans in increasing their home’s value, they will often take having the outside repainted or having the kitchen remodelled into consideration. Meanwhile, the option of having their basement undergo some waterproofing isn’t normally on their list of things to do.
In case you’re a homeowner and would want to get your home sold at a much quicker pace, then you should consider . After all, there is quite the number of benefits of having your basement waterproofed by professionals. These include:
- A reduction in your power bills – Even though it’s not a readily obvious benefit, having your basement undergo professional waterproofing can help in reducing the amount you’re paying for power. The reason behind this one is that during waterproofing, all the cracks in your basement get sealed and the same goes for any crevice. This process effectively blocks out the cold and the moisture.
What’s more is that waterproofing keeps the warm or cold air from getting out. The air coming from your air conditioning unit does nothing good outside your home, so why should it continue slipping through all those cracks?
- Helps in safeguarding your home investment – It’s often mentioned that a home is a castle and, since that can be the case, you’ll definitely want to do everything you can in order to protect such an investment. Stray water has a way of finding itself into your home with the help of a leaky basement and, as a result, starts wearing down the foundation, the flooring and the walls, among others. After all those months you’ve spent carefully decorating and making sure that your new house becomes a home, why should you let a leaky basement slowly erode the investment you’ve made? By having your basement waterproofed, you’re certainly helping in safeguarding the foundation of your home from getting eroded.
- Helps in preventing stored items from getting damaged – In case you or your loved one don’t intend to do that much in your basement, it’s still a great place for you to store your items. However, that can only be ideal if your basement has been waterproofed. Having a leaky and moisture-filled basement could ruin items like albums, beddings, books, clothes, electronics and toys, among others items. By having your basement undergo thorough waterproofing, you’re making sure that all the items that have been stored there are going to not just be dry but safe as well.
- Helps in increasing living space as well as value – A lot of people consider the basement to a place that’s both a damp and drafty place to store whatever seasonal items they may have in their possession. However, a lot of these people’s basements account for a whole floor of their homes.
Truth be told, whenever square feet is being talked about, basements could account for almost a half of a home’s overall space. As such, why should you let all that space relegated to being unused? By having your basement undergo waterproofing, you’ll be leaving your home with a living space that’s a lot cleaner and, of course, more spacious.
- Helps in avoiding long-term health risks – Water and humidity happen to be crucial factors with regards to potentially toxic molds growing in your basement. They could leave your respiratory in a damaged state, cause you headaches, make your experience both itchy eyes and skin, give you a runny nose and make you sneeze. Such side effects could range from the mild all the way to the severe, depending on the sensitivity of a person to these molds. A lot of people don’t worry about toxic molds growing in their basements because they think that it takes years for this problem to develop into something severe. However, this simply isn’t true.
In fact, a toxic amount of black mold could easily grow within a short time span of 24 to 48 hours. You don’t want to run that risk now, do you? Because you definitely don’t, having your basement waterproofed avoids just that.
- Helps in having peace of mind – Waterproofing your basement is going to absolutely give you the peace of mind you’re looking for as well as reduce the stress you’re feeling when it comes to that basement in your home. You no longer need to wring those towels or those mop heads after a heavy downpour.
Moreover, you no longer need to hold that blow dryer over your waterlogged books, photo albums or your rugs for that matter.
To put it simply, getting your basement waterproofed is certainly something that you, as the responsible homeowner, ought to take into consideration. Once you think about the benefits of waterproofing your basement as well as the issues that come up if you don’t, it’s crystal clear just how beneficial waterproofing is.