Your air conditioner is most likely the most expensive appliance in your home. And, it can be a bit demanding when it comes to maintenance and service. If small problems aren’t fixed right way, they can turn into expensive repairs or even necessitate the replacement of the air conditioning unit. That’s a BIG expense! Your heater is another appliance that is a necessity for your comfort. Again, you want to make sure it gets the service it needs to operate correctly and to keep your family safe. When it comes to air conditioning and heating service and repair, it pays for you to find one expert HVAC contractor and to stick with them. Here are what you want to look for in an A/C and heating company and why you want to be a loyal customer.
What You Want in an Air Conditioning and Heating Contractor
- If your heater quits working during a deep freeze or your air conditioner goes on the blink just when the temperature rises about 100 degrees F, it’s a comfort – and safety – emergency. That’s true even if it’s Christmas Day or the 4th of July. You want a contractor who is available 24/7 every day of the year. Hopefully, you’ll never need to make that weekend or Holiday call, but we all know Murphy’s Law so make sure when you need them, your air conditioning and heating contractor will answer your call for help.
- Cost Considerations. If you call your contractor for maintenance or a repair, you should pay for the work – not for the trip or a diagnostic fee as long as you have them do the work. It’s only fair. If they’re working for you, they shouldn’t charge you for coming to your home or finding the problem. You might check to see if they will waive overtime or Holiday extra charges. Most communities have HVAC contractors who don’t charge extra just because they’re working after hours or it’s a weekend or Holiday. It’s a question worth asking; it could keep money in your pocket.
- Licensed, Insured And Bonded? Make sure that the companies you are considering all meet all the requirements of your city and state. Ask about how their technicians are trained. You want to hire a professional; you want to hire an expert.
- Longevity And References. You’re looking for a HVAC company that has staying power and has a proven track record. A company that’s been in business for a decade or two has to be doing something right – like keeping their customers satisfied. Ask how long a company has been in business and, while you’re at it, ask for references and be sure to check them!
Why You Want to Stick with the Company You Choose
- You Build A Relationship. When you “invite” someone into your home to do work, you want to feel comfortable. You want to know that they will respect you and your things and clean-up after themselves. If the company you chose doesn’t meet those requirements, keep looking, but when you find a company that shows you that respect, hang on to them.
- They’ll Know Your Equipment. If you can, request the same technician. But, even if you can’t, continue to use the same company. They’ll have your records and they’ll get to know your equipment. They may be able to spot problems quicker and get them fixed before they get bigger. That’s a real money saver. Plus, when they know your equipment, they should be able to give you good advice on what to fix and when to fix it. And, you should be able to trust the advice they give you. When you have a long-term relationship with a company, you are less likely to feel like they’re taking advantage of you or just trying to sell you something.
- They’ll Be Ready To Serve You. When it gets really hot or really cold, HVAC service calls are going to go up and contractors are going to be very busy. If you are a regular, loyal customer, it’s more likely that the company will try to answer your call for help as quickly as possible.
- Price Is A Consideration. It seems so simple to check the newspaper or Internet to find a “special” pre-season service, but jumping from one company to another to find the lowest price really doesn’t pay off. You’re not building that relationship and you’re at the mercy of what different people may suggest. Do you really need that repair? Instead, if you find a lower price, ask your “regular” company to meet it. If you’ve been a loyal customer, they should value your business and accommodate your request – or, at the very least, come very close! The same is true when it’s time to find a replacement air conditioner or furnace.
Your heating and cooling systems are critical to your comfort and well-being. You want an Air Conditioning Service Phoenix company that will respond quickly, give you excellent service and expert maintenance and repair. By sticking with one, proven company, you will become – and be treated like – a valued customer. It’s a very good thing!