The pool is the favorite hangout place during the summer for a number of families. Who doesn’t love to dive into the cool waters on a hot summer day? Now, while having fun, one must also ensure the safety of children and adults too. Fencing around the pool is a wonderful way to not only enhance the aesthetic value but also prevent accidents.
Importance of Fencing around Pools
It is mandated by a lot of governments to have a barricade of some sort around a swimming pool. This has been made so because a number of surveys have shown that more than 50% of drowning accidents in the pool occurred due to the absence of any demarcation or barrier of the pool area.
Nowadays there are many types of beautiful fences being erected to safeguard children and any guests who may not be aware of the existence of a pool. Some pool designs make it impossible for them to be visible from a distance until you are very close.
Children in the house love to play outdoors in the yard and can forget about the pool in their yard while having fun resulting in some serious accidents.
Although wood, iron, steel and aluminum are used for fencing; the material that is catching the attention of commercial places like clubs and hotels and also of homes is glass. There was a time when the glass frames had ugly metal frames around them, but now the frameless panels offer a seamless and safe alternative that is truly a sight to behold.
The following five areas of discussion about this type of barrier will throw more light on the subject.
1. What is Frameless Glass Fencing?
Unlike the traditional glass panes; this type does not have any visible joints and all that one sees is a series of seamless panels. The glass used is of premium quality and the edges are highly smooth and polished. The sides of the glasses do not have any kind of metal sidings and it is only the bottom side that will have steel hinges to attach to the ground.
One gets a feeling that they are suspended in the air. One need not worry about the steel hinges at the bottom getting corroded or rust as they are stainless steel.
2. Why Choose Frameless Glass Fencing?
- The primary reason is of course that it is one of the most elegant and sophisticated ways of ensuring safety and security. Such fences are usually often found in highly luxurious surroundings. The reason being that opaque fencing obscures the vision and the beautiful décor of the pool and its surrounding area gets hidden.
- The next reason is that while swimming both kids and adults still have a view of nature outside the panes. Imagine floating in cool waters and looking at the beautiful foliage in your yard. This is a truly relaxing feeling and can get rid of stress in just a few minutes.
- Moreover, one can also keep an eye on children playing while you are floating with a book in your hand.
- Then, if there is a party in the garden and the children are applying around the pool; you can still keep an eye on them through the glass panels so that the moment something untoward happens; you can rush to the spot. If the fence was an opaque type, then one would not realize that an accident has taken place until it is too late.
- The transparent panels also give a feeling of having more peace than there actually is.
3. How is Frameless Glass fencing installed?
There is no special kind of flooring needed for installation of these fences. One can confidently have it erected on a wooden or a concrete floor. The stainless steel frames and hinges at the bottom are strong enough to hold them together on any kind of floor. There are basically three ways in which they are fixed:
- Spigot fixed – these are the panels where high quality stainless steel spigots are bolted to the surface.
- Slot fixed – in this one gets a feeling of glass emerging from under the ground because the slots are also made in the ground and then panes are fixed into it.
- Button fixed – with this type of installation, the panels go below the ground with the help of attached bolts on the glass at strategic locations for maintaining balance and strength.
4. How Strong are Frameless Glass Fences?
Although these panels look delicate; they are quite strong. Some amount of shaking may be noticed when there is a strong wind, but it does not have any effect on the strong toughened glass that is well supported on the ground by equally strong stainless steel hinges, spigots, bolts and the like.
5. Maintaining a Glass Fence
You are no doubt the proudest home owner with a frameless glass fence enhancing the beauty of your pool. However, how beautiful do you think it will look when stains on the glass are visible from a distance? Glass fences do not require much maintenance, but they sure need cleaning periodically!
Perhaps, the best way to clean is to grab a regular liquid soap and some water. Your dish washing liquid will work just fine. Use a sponge to apply the soapy water; do not use any rough scrubbers! Next, just rinse off the soap with a garden hose. You can wipe it dry again, but normally leaving the job in the air is sufficient.
This type of cleaning does the trick even if you do it every three to six months. You may need more frequent cleaning if there are a lot of people using the pool on a regular basis or perhaps after a poolside party.
Now, that you have considered all the points; you are sure to agree that this truly is the most fashionable, stylish and safest fence around. Let, the seamless, transparent glass enhances the aesthetic quality of your beautiful pool and allow any visitors to admire it without actually taking a dip!
I am Justin Jerry an expert author. I love to write topics related to Home improvement. With my articles, i want to share knowledge about Glass door, Pool Fencing. To get more information about Glass Pool Fencing Click Here.