Laundry means washing our clothes and linens. Though we hate it, at some point in our life, well all have to do it. It is confusing and has no fun at all. Laundry is an important part, and trust me when I say that you need to know everything about it before you set out to do it.
Prepping Up For Laundry
Here are some few points below which will give you an idea about how to wash your clothes.
- Check Levels on Your Clothing First: The levels on the cloth indicate that special type of washing process is required for the cloth or it need not be washed at all. The symbols of international cloth tell you everything about the washing of the cloth.
- You will find an image of a bucket containing water on the level of the cloth. The number written on the bucket tells about the temperature while washing whereas if a hand is there on the level instead of a number, this means it should be hand washed.
- If a white colour triangle is there on the level that means it should be bleached whereas a black coloured triangle means do not bleach.
- The dryer should be used in low temperature if there is one dot inside a box on the level, whereas two dots indicates normal temperature and an X means that dryer should not be used.
- However, if there is a plain box on the level of the cloth, it means you should dry the cloth on a line. Three vertical lines on the box mean the cloth should be drip-dried.
- If there is an image of iron in the level, it indicates the temperature at which the cloth should be ironed. More dots indicates higher temperature.
- Sort out Dirty Cloth: Try to wash white clothes separately. And the light colour clothes such as pastel colours should be separated from the dark coloured clothes such as dark green, navy, black or any shade of red. Whereas while washing sponges and towels add two spoons of white vinegar to get rid of the musty smell of the towel.
- Prepare Your Clothes: Before washing your cloth check your pockets and empty everything such as money, pen or important papers.
- Treat Heavy Stains with Stain Remover: Before dipping your cloth in water use a stain remover over the heavy stains of the cloth.
Washing The Clothes In The Laundry
- Add Cleaning Product: Try to buy a detergent bottle which has a chart in it telling about the amount used according to the wash load. Try to use a minimum amount of detergent while using a front load washing machine. Add bleach in an appropriate dispenser if needed. Be careful while doing so, as bleaches are harmful to eyes and skin.
- Select Perfect Water Temperature: Different clothes need to be washed in different temperature of water. Coloured clothes are washed in cold water whereas white clothes can be washed in hot water. Hot water is needed to wash pillow-cases or bed sheets to kill mites and bed linens. If you are afraid that your cloth will shrink then go for cold water.
- Add Clothes: Add appropriate amount of cloth in the washer, clothes won’t be clean if you overstuff clothes in it.
- Shake Clothes: After washing the clothes, shake them out to make them dry easily and have fewer wrinkles.
- Check Out Lint Ray Before Drying: Keep your pile of clothes in the dryer after washing them out. If the lint tray is full, it is impossible for the dryer to dry out all the clothes or even it may cause a fire. Empty the tray gently against the garbage can by tapping it upside down.
- Choose Drying Level: Different coloured clothes have different drying levels, so set the drying level according to the colours whether for white or coloured.
- Take Clothes From Laundry Room: After the laundry take your clothes from the laundry room and fold them. Put them on a shelf of a cart and after that iron all the clothes. After drying of clothes do not forget to hang the clothes on hangers to prevent wrinkles.
And there you have it. With these few simple steps, you will be able to do your laundry properly and efficiently. Make sure that you don’t miss anything though.