Bedroom is the place where you retire after a whole day’s work. This is the place where you get the maximum comfort provided you have some essential pieces of furniture that add to the comfort of your room. We have listed here the bare essentials for any bedroom that will make that room apt for its use, which is resting after the hectic day!
- Comfortable Bed – The name bedroom itself shows the importance of bed in this room. There are various bed designs available out there, which can be explored to fit into your room size and offer you sleeping comfort as well. The beds can be selected from options like canopy bed, bunk bed, low height bed, pillar bed, or simple king size bed depending on the room size and individual taste.
- Mattress to suit your sleeping curves – Mattresses were earlier considered to be the block of cotton or foam placed on the bed to make it soft enough to sleep. The entire concept of mattress has changed over years as people realized that it plays the major role in sleeping comfort. Selecting the right mattress would almost change your life as it will offer rest to your body and mind during nighttime which will offer you the energy to work during day time. These mattresses match your body curve so that you get the cradle like comfort in bed.
Image Source: worldcraftindustries.com
- Pillows and Cushions – Again these are the most important companions of bed and mattress. Some people are so conscious about their pillows that they make it a point to carry their pillows in the bag whenever they have plans of staying overnight in the hotel or at friend’s place. Even if you don’t carry your pillow along everywhere, make it a point to have the best quality pillow on your bed so that you are rested well whenever at home. The pillows are available for side-sleepers, back-sleepers, and also for those holding some unique sleeping habits.
- Nightstand to hold your bed time knickknacks – There are many bed time knickknacks that you remember only after going to bed. It is quite tiring to get up once you have gone to bed and there comes nightstand as savior. The nightstand with drawer would hold your night cream, bed time medicines, your favorite book, and almost everything that you need before going for sweet night’s sleep.
- Lamp on each side of bed – This sounds quite a simple suggestion but many people miss out on this. Having a lamp on each side of the bed gives the freedom to those sharing the bed to keep the lights on as per their convenience.
- Wardrobe and Dressing Unit – These are bare essentials for any bedroom. Dressing unit can be skipped for the kids’ bedroom but wardrobe is must for all as it holds everything starting from your clothes, accessories, to footwear.
- Bookshelf – How about having a bookshelf in your bedroom! The idea is to pull a book whenever you feel like having some bedtime reading endeavor. It will also keep you away from your gadgets at least at bedtime.
These are the furniture essentials and other than the above seven you may not forget to accessorize your bedroom with clock, rug, curtains, and a resting chair if it fits in the space.
I also have a desktop in my bedroom. Perhaps, it doesn’t make the room as cozy as everything mentioned in the post but I personally like it.
I need to thank you for this good read!! I certainly enjoyed every bit of it. I have you saved as a favorite to look at new stuff you post
Comments are closed.