When it comes to remodeling a bathroom, there is no dearth of options. Whether it is your master bathroom or the guest bathroom, bathrooms clearly define your individual personality and style. Designing a bathroom does not necessarily mean that you have to burn a hole in your pocket. It on the other hand gives you a lot of possibilities and the opportunity to flirt with your creativity. With simple planning and realistic expectations, you can create wonderful masterpieces.
When it comes to bathroom remodeling, there are various reasons why people decide to remodel their bathrooms. Among these the most common are –
- Thinking about resale
- Lack of storage space
- Lack of adequate lighting
- Bathroom being outdated
- Malfunctioning fixtures
- Requirement of additional space
- The bathroom needs repair
Recent Bathroom Remodeling Trends – Bathrooms today have evolved into more of a style statement. They are the reflection of your personality. The major trends that are popular these days are –
- Frameless showers
- Spa like oasis
- Soaking tubs
- Spacious design
- Furniture like cabinets
- Proper lighting
- Trendy faucets
Whatever may be the reason for your bathroom remodeling, it is necessary that you choose the bathroom design according to your budget and requirements. The most important factors that you should keep in mind before going for bathroom addition are as follows:
- Prepare a rough draft – The basic question that needs to be answered is how much you want to do. You will have to decide between making changes to the basic layout and structure of your bathroom and surface-level bathroom remodeling. Have a clear and pre-defined perspective of what your needs are and what actually you want. If you want to change the layout or want to go for a complete remodel, plan these clearly in your mind.
- Plan your budget – Bathroom designs come with various price tags. You should clearly state your budget to your bathroom contractor and stick to it. Bathroom accessories are costly. So don’t end up spending all your finances over them. A bathroom addition is based on several factors such as the accessories, the panels and the fixtures. Make sure you give priority to the most important aspect and do not overdo it.
- Bathroom contractors or self remodel – You will have to decide that whether you want to do it yourself or hire a professional. This depends completely on the task you are going to perform. If you are going for a surface-level remodeling, then it may be fine to do it yourself. However if you plan to completely remodel the bathroom, professional help must be required.
So whether it is a complete overhaul or surface level remodeling, it is imperative to get tips and research about layout ideas, and much more. Go ahead and enjoy a revitalizing plunge!
About the Author:– Rachel is a professional blogger who likes to write on diverse topics such as home improvement, Vancouver real estate, gaming, gadgets and electronics.