No one cares to do maintenance work around the home very much. Even less exciting is caring for gutters, cleaning out the gunk that has accumulated over time just to make sure that rainwater flows as it should from your roof down to the ground. But what if you could skip all that work without compromising your home? With gutter covers, you can.
Gutter Cover Benefits to Consider
- Never have to clean your gutter again. Gutter covers are placed over gutters, preventing debris from getting in and building up. It’s important to keep the water flowing, that’s why you need to regularly clean your gutters and take out debris. If you’ve got gutter covers, however, you can keep the debris from getting in and will never have to worry about junk accumulating. No junk, no clean-up.
- Extend the life of your gutter. Debris can absorb moisture and retain water long after the rain has stopped. Ever-present moisture will eat away at gutter material, reducing the service life of your gutter. Keep debris at bay, and you prevent moisture from building up and damaging your gutters.
- Prevent damage to your home. When debris blocks gutters, water can spill over when it rains. Instead of being directed smoothly from the roof down the drain, the water overflows and seeps into walls and your foundation, which leads to moisture damage. A gutter cover ensures the free flow of water by preventing debris from accumulating, and keeps your home’s structural integrity intact.
- Keep pests from calling your house home. Gutters can be cozy, most especially with debris as cushion, so you can’t blame pests and small animals from taking up residence on your roof. Aside from simply blocking water flow in your gutter, pests can grow in number quickly and lead to an infestation problem that can affect the rest of your home. Prevent entry with gutter covers and pests won’t have the chance to get comfortable on your property.
- Retain your landscapes beauty. Garden work is an investment but it can easily be washed away – literally – by an overflowing gutter. With water splashing over an area, soil gets loosened, plants get squished, and what used to be perfectly coiffed will end up disheveled. Gutter covers ensure that water flows where it should, guaranteeing your landscaping looks refreshed after a rain, not downtrodden.
- Improve protection against brush fires. Embers from brush fires can travel great distances. When they land on a gutter with dry debris, fire can break out, not only damaging your property but potentially wiping out everything you’ve worked hard for. Gutter covers don’t only ensure that embers can’t get in, but that there is also no debris to catch alight, taking away the elements a fire needs to get started on your roof.
Ensuring You Benefit from Gutter Covers
Aside from choosing quality gutter covers, working with the right contractor is important in making sure that you truly benefit from your gutter improvement project. Look for someone with experience to guarantee the job gets done right.
Steve Field has over 30 years of experience in the industry. He is passionate about all things roofing and loves writing about his experiences and sharing tips with other people. Stay updated with Steve through the Home Solutions Midwest blog.