A shoe is a footwear item made to protect human foot and give comfort. They are an item of decoration and fashion. They come in various colors and styles. However, white colored shoes have always been a problem in cleaning. They are cool but get stained very easily.
Steps To Clean Shoes:
Here are few steps which will provide you an idea of how to clean your white shoes when it gets stained.
- Mix up a cleaning solution: The easiest way to clean your shoes is by mixing a detergent with some warm water. Take 2 cups of warm water in a large bowl and add 1/4 cup of detergent in it. However, if your shoes are awfully dirty, then you need to make a clean mixture again for the second shoe. You can also use other ingredients of the same amount, with warm water, to clean your shoes such as a mixture of dish soap, shampoo, and window cleaner.
- Prepare a second bowl of clean water: While cleaning your shoes, the dishcloth may get dirty so always keep a second bowl of clean water to rinse your dishcloth.
- Dip a washcloth or brush in the solution and scrub your shoes: try to work on one section of your shoes at one time. Dip the brush or cloth in the water and scrub your shoes in a circular motion. If your cloth is dirty then rinse it in the clean water and then again dip it in the solution and continue the process until the canvas part of both the shoes is clean. The same method can be used as well to clean inside of the shoes.
However, if you want to clean the laces of your shoes separately then, take a small bowl and pour some clean solution in it and soak your laces in it. After this rinse it in clean water.
- Clean the rubber parts: Dirt and smut always stuck in the rubber part of your shoes and is quite difficult to clean. You need a stiffer material than a washcloth to clean these parts. Take an old toothbrush and dip it in a cleaning solution. Now scrub the rubber part and soles of the shoes using this toothbrush. However, if you don’t have a toothbrush, you can use a scrub brush or a kitchen sponge. Use a wet sponge to remove the light marks and scuff marks from the rubber.
- Go back to shoes with clean wet cloth: Take a wet cloth and check whether any dirt or residue is left in your shoe after cleaning if you find on then wipe it off with the wet cloth. Go through every part of your shoes, if the cleaning solution did not work in some places of your shoes than you can opt for techniques of stain removal.
- Stuff the shoes with newspapers: While drying your shoes in a sunny place, stuff them with newspaper as it will help them in maintaining their shape.
Another Method For Cleaning Shoes
Here we provide you one more easy method to clean your shoes. The steps are mentioned below.
- Remove laces and inserts: This method is applicable for canvass shoes only. Remove all the inserts and laces of the shoes covered in dirt. This method helps everything to come out clean and nice.
- Place the shoes and all parts in a bag: Place the shoes along with all its other parts in a small delicate bag. This protects your washer as well your shoes from getting beaten up during washing. Tie the pillow bag tightly or else the shoes will come out and the wash will remain undone.
- Wash the shoes with warm water: You can clean your shoes by cycling them gently in warm water. By doing this, you can clean your shoes preventing them from being damaged. Do not use hot water as it may loosen the gum off your shoe. Keep in mind to add the exact amount of detergent as you use for a small load of wash.
- Stuff your shoes and dry them: Don’t make a mistake of tumble drying your shoes even it is on low heat. Always find a sunny spot and dry them stuffing newspaper inside. Stuffing newspaper helps in maintaining the shapes of shoes.
We hope that with these simple steps you will be able to clean your white shoes and make them shine again.