Privacy may be a casualty in urban living
There are people who opine that urban living or living in cities may be interesting as well as fructifying. According to them, cities have the capacity to offer them ample space to prosper. But, urban or semi-urban living has its cons also. There may not be privacy for the people who live in them. It is in this context that privacy fencing is to be considered to be a good solution to this problem. In fact, privacy fencing has almost become a necessity in both urban and semi-urban areas. If you choose the right fence, you and your family members can enjoy privacy you are entitled to. But, at the same time, fencing does not need to necessarily project you as an unfriendly and reclusive neighbor. It is not necessary that you should fence the whole circumference of your home to attain privacy. You can just limit the fencing only to those sections of your property that may tempt inquisitive onlookers to trespass surreptitiously or gaze intently at you or at your house. This will reduce your expenses and you can enjoy your privacy also. But, while choosing the fencing option, you should take into account the design of your house also.
While privacy, safety and security are important aspects to be considered, you must not compromise on the looks of your property. Privacy fencing is basically solid fencing and additionally, the fence will be sufficiently high for ensuring privacy for you and your family members. Trespassers may not be able to climb these fences and hence, safety and security is also assured. So, you can enjoy the serenity of your gardens with an absolute peace of mind.
Fencing Options that may ensure privacy
For privacy fencing, various types of materials are used. While wood and vinyl are the most commonly used, some people prefer to use metal fences as well. But, before you choose your option, you should know the positive aspects as well as the disadvantages of each type. While aesthetics and external appearance of your property should be taken into consideration, you cannot afford to overlook the aspect of cost also. Before you proceed with procurement of materials and organizing workmen for erecting your privacy fencing, you must contact the zoning department of your area because there may be regulations that may restrict use of certain materials, or height, design, etc. of the fencing. You should strictly abide by the regulations lest should you land yourself in trouble at a later date.
Common types of Privacy Fencing
– Colorbond Fencing is the most sought-after option, perhaps due to the fact that this is available in many colors. This type of privacy fencing will not leave any gaps and you can have it at whatever height you choose.
– Wooden Fencing is another popular variety and this type may consist either of high pickets or palings. The maintenance costs of this type of privacy fencing are practically nil. You have to just clean the fences periodically.
– Brush or Reed Fencing is tightly woven around a frame and it can be attached to the existing fence. You can feel a natural ambiance with this type of fencing.
– Though Stone Fencing may be elegant, it may be expensive. The main benefit is its long life.
– Concrete Fencing is good because it can be customized both in its finishing and placement.
Which one will you choose for your home?
This post is written and contributed by Nathan Manning. He provide home security and safety tips and recently contacted one of the biggest fence companies in Houston for some fencing options for his home.