Transportable or modular homes are basically pre-manufactured structures that were taken to a larger and new scale. These types of pre-manufactured buildings were first introduced in the United Stated during the earlier part of the 20th century. Between the years 1910 and 1940, Sear Roebuck, maker of transportable homes was able to produce and sell more than 500,000 units.
The end of the second World War caused the modular homes market to quickly evolve and truly explode. The returning soldiers wanted a place to live and start a new life. Needless to say, the demand for new homes became really extensive, and with fewer construction companies that can handle all the works, people needed to find convenient ways to solve the problem. Using traditional building procedures is no longer feasible; thus, individuals had to seek various solutions to lower the expenses in building a new home and at the same time boost efficiency.
Pre-manufactured buildings and modular homes answered these needs. The modular buildings provided security, comfort and warmth for many families. Even though the procedures were much simpler, still, nothing can deny the fact that the ingenuity of the builders can be seen. People were contented with their newly designed home, plus they were able to relocate their homes easily. Transportable homes, during those years, were produced in smaller numbers.
Sear Roebuck caused these homes to travel for many miles, and assembled the materials with the use of cranes which weigh a hundred tons. As time went by, larger modular homes were made and shipped in various parts of the country and even overseas. The only limitation when it comes to these traditional transportable homes is the size of the module. A limited module size is necessary because of limited access as well as the distance from the factory to the site where the modular homes will be assembled.
Nowadays, larger modules were made, and all modular homes are packed with complex and sophisticated designs. Customized options are also available. Individuals can easily order a custom-designed modular building that has been created by an experienced architect. There are many distributors of modular homes, and you can always search the web for ones to provide you top quality materials with premium steel frames and which are cost-effective and fully functional.
Modular homes are becoming more and more popular because of these benefits:
- Transportable homes are affordable because they’re made of low-cost materials and are manufactured in bulk.
- If you do not want to be tied in a particular area, then a transportable home is the best choice. You can easily relocate your home whenever you want.
- These homes are made of quality craftsmanship. You do not have to worry about termites, rot, and molds. The homes were constructed and assembled using the best standards; thus, ensuring the finest craftsmanship.
- The materials are solid and well-reinforced.
- You will be living in a home which is environmentally friendly. You are assured that there’s a small amount of carbon footprint which will be left behind. Additionally, these transportable homes will reduce the need to build another home in the future; hence, wasted energy will be decreased.
transportable homes are also called as ready move homes. these homes are made from wood and available in wide range of sq.foot area.
Comments are closed.