Implementing home security systems provide the ultimate peace of mind for homeowners. Sophisticated intruder deterrents are now widely available. And a lot of them are now more affordable than ever.
But there are ways to make your home security even more powerful, and it doesn’t involve huge costs. By carefully assessing your home and creating your own home security plan, you will complement your home’s security without getting yourself tangled in wires.
Here are some practical home security tips for you to consider that will make burglars think twice about breaking into your home.
- Carefully examine your house from the outside and consider the following: Is your house sufficiently lit inside and out? Are there areas near your doors and windows where intruders could potentially hide? Keep in mind that if you find weak areas in your home, the burglars are more than likely to exploit them. Burglars find homes that are well-lit unappealing.
- Implement additional security measures that could discourage burglars from even thinking about breaking into your house. Simple security devices such as deadbolts, window bars, etc. that are conspicuous from outside your home will not only slow down intruders; they will also make them think many more times about breaking in. Remember that time is crucial for burglars. The longer it take for them to even figure out how to break into your house, the more likely that they will become discouraged.
- Noise is also a powerful burglar deterrent. The louder the noise is if someone is attempting to enter the home, the better it is to scare off intruders. That’s why when choosing a home security system, be sure to include motion sensors that sound off when triggered by motion.
In a nutshell, you have to assess three elements to improve your home’s security. These elements are lights, time and noise. By improving the home’s lighting, implementing alarmed motion sensors and making it hard for intruders to break into your home, the likelihood of your home getting burglarised will dramatically decrease.
And then do these other things to further security at home:
- Put your valuables out of plain sight
- Find creative yet safe ways to make your house look occupied when you are away.
- No matter how long you will be gone, make a point of locking your doors and windows. Always keep the garage doors closed as well.
- Check with the local police department if they offer public service on home safety.
You don’t always have to go high tech when implementing home security. High tech stuff are only as good as the people who wield them. That’s why use your smarts to make your home more secure.
Author Bio: The article is provided by Newhams Security, a home security systems expert in Sydney, and made possible by Strategies Online, the best home improvement blog.
I think first and probably the most important step of home security are quality door and window locks. After this step we can think about additional home security including CCTV, alarms, lights in front and back of our house etc.
Comments are closed.