Got yourself a new dishwasher? Well, you must be pretty excited to use it then. A dishwasher can be a pretty useful equipment for your kitchen. I mean no one likes doing the dirty dishes right?
Imagine coming home and being greeted by the sight of dirty dishes piled up in your kitchen sink. Disgusting right? Well, with a dishwasher in your kitchen, you won’t even have to worry about it anymore.
But before using a dishwasher, you must first learn how to install one. Many people think that installing a dishwasher is pretty tough and requires professional attention. But that’s not the case. You can easily set up your dishwasher by following some simple rules.
Where Exactly Do You Put It
In case of a washing machine, you can easily put it anywhere in your home, but such is not the case with dishwashers, as they are installed where the kitchen is. There are many locations to install a dishwasher. Putting it in the spot of the storage cabinet and closer to the water supply will require the movement of the shelves and the doors and some plumbing changes too. Make sure that you have sufficient space for this hard-working home appliance- your dishwasher.
Interesting facts about dishwasher
- It was discovered in the year 1887 by a rich lady whose servant used to chip her dishes always
- Till 1950 dishwashers were not sold to the common people
- Dishwasher needs much less water than hand washing
- Dishwashers have a garbage disposal option also
Installing A Dishwasher
If you are someone who has a small-spaced kitchen and there are n cupboard spaces available for putting the dishwasher, then worry not because there are different dishwashers made for fitting in the smaller kitchen spaces. These models are relatively smaller than the otherwise giant ones and make an efficient cleaning appliance for your dishes.
Installing a dishwasher is something anyone can do. All you need to do is pay attention to every single detail while installing and it is ready to use. Here are some of the steps that you need to follow.
- One of the most important things that you need to do before setting up a dishwasher is to set a suitable water supply connection in the place of installation. Connecting the water supply is an important step for installation.
- The next step would be to set the electrical and water lines that would provide the power and water to the dishwasher. There are clear paths available in the dishwasher to connect the electrical wiring. Measure efficiently while you set up the lines.
- It is essential to hook up the required water supply to the dishwasher to maintain a good connection. After checking the alignment of the electrical and water lines, you can proceed to hook up the drain line of the dishwasher to the hole in the floor.
- You need to make sure that the compression nut is properly tightened onto the inlet. You can use a bending spring to turn the copper and fit the compression nut. Use a wrench to tighten it any further.
- An electrical connection is extremely important for the dishwasher to function completely. You need to make sure that the exposed wires are properly set. All you need is a healthy and efficient connection to help with the proper functioning of the machine.
- You also need to attach the drain line by slip a certain hose clamp at the end of the drain line of the dishwasher. Push up the hose through the sink and tighten the hose clamp to avoid loosening.
- The next thing that you need to do is to attach the strapping loop to the cabinet wall. Wrap up the drain line with the strapping and with the help of a screwdriver attach it to the cabinet wall.
- Now all you need to do is adjust the feet of the dishwasher and make sure that the mounting brackets are properly positioned.
- With the help of screws, you need to fasten the dishwasher into the underside. Also, you can replace the cover panel that is at the unit’s base. This is certainly one of the most important steps to properly install a dishwasher.
- It is also essential that you check if there is a leak in the connection of the machine. If there is none, then you can test-run the appliance. Turn on the water supply and the power to check for any errors. If any problem occurs, turn the water supply off and then tighten the fittings again.
You can easily install a dishwasher with these steps mentioned above. Make sure that you don’t miss out on anyone.