No two offices are alike, and therefore no two offices will require the same cleaning tasks to be done on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. The busier the office and the more people who work there, the more often it will require cleaning. When hiring a company for commercial cleaning in Calgary businesses should create a list of their cleaning needs by day, week and month so they can find a company that meets those needs.
Of course, the lists below won’t work for everyone. They are designed to be a template, a jumping-off point from which you can customize your own list based on your workplace’s particular needs.
These are the tasks that must be done daily to keep the office at a basic level of cleanliness and sanitation for the workers and for visitors/clients to the office. These tasks will usually focus on communal areas first, such as the restrooms and waiting area/lobby or meeting areas, as these see the most traffic on a daily basis. The kitchen or break room is another area that should be addressed daily.
Tasks might include:
- Vacuuming all carpeted areas
- Mopping/sweeping of tiled or hardwood floor areas
- Disposal of waste from waste bins; wash bins and add fresh bags
- Wipe down glass areas
- Disinfect countertops
- Polish bathroom fixtures
- Disinfect door handles and light switches
- Bathroom disinfection, particularly faucets, toilets and sinks
- Refilling of soap dispensers/toilet paper rolls/paper towel dispensers
- Wipe down mirrors
Weekly cleaning tasks
Once per week, an office should undergo a deeper cleaning that is focused on bigger jobs that can’t feasible done on a daily basis.
They should include:
- Buffing of all hardwood floors
- Squeegeeing of windows, both inside and out
- Cleaning out and disinfecting of fridge
- Cleaning and polishing of wooden conference tables
- Deep cleaning of bathrooms and all common areas
Monthly cleaning tasks
Monthly cleaning is a shorter list and should be comprised of those things that go the extra mile to ensure a workplace is clean and safe for everyone, but that can be safely neglected on the daily and weekly basis.
This includes tasks like:
- Spot clean and vacuum all fabric chairs and couches
- Vacuum vents
- Dust all surfaces, starting at the top and working down to reduce dust settling
- Vacuuming and deep cleaning work areas, including all offices and cubicles, meeting rooms, conference space, common rooms, etc.
Think of monthly cleaning in your office the way you would think of spring cleaning in your home. It’s time to really roll up the sleeves and get things clean and sanitized.
Again, these lists are just a guideline. Depending on the nature of your business, you may require deeper cleaning more often, such as would be the case in a medical or dental office. Whatever your needs, there is a commercial cleaning service out there to meet your needs. Before you hire one, make your lists and ensure that the company you are considering is on the same page.
My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for.
Would you offer guest writers to write content in your case?
I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write
concerning here. Again, awesome website!
Comments are closed.