If there is one room in the house that is extremely important when it comes to design, it is the kitchen. It often considered as the heart or the center of the home. It is the place where many families spend a great deal of time together. Hence, the interior design of the kitchen not only needs to be the reflection of your family’s lifestyle but also should be highly functional. Of course, you don’t like to prepare a meal in a kitchen that is not as functional and up to date as it should be.
Therefore it is very essential that if you are looking for a kitchen design, you should take proper time and research all different designs thoroughly. To make it easier for you, we have categorized some of the most popular kitchen design trends of 2013:
- Modern Style Kitchen: One word to sum up all the design trends of 2013 is modern. When it comes to design a kitchen, design is not only important for maintaining the aesthetic quality of the home, but it is also essential in choosing the one that make work a lot easier. With the advancement in technology, a large number of kitchen appliances and equipment has become available in the market these days. A modern kitchen provides a very impressive and professional look to the kitchen and also improves the work efficiency.
- Covered appliances: In the chase to modernize the kitchen, many people turn to new ways of creating a more open and airy looking living space. Perhaps, this is the reason for the rising number of matching cabinetry and appliance doors to hide the appliances within the space. It is indeed the best way for the homeowners struggling with small kitchen models.
- Unbiased Colors: In the year 2013, color trends features neutral colors including wood tones, grays and greens. Neutrality in colors creates a flexible color palette and allows you to express your style in the room accents’.
- Rich lighting: With the energy prices continuing to the touch the sky; people are shifting to alternate sources of energy. Since solar panels are not a viable option for everyone, there is one change that every house can make and that is replacing fluorescent lights with LED lighting. It creates a soft and ambient glow to the space. Besides, it also adds a touch of artful design to the modern kitchen to 2013.
- Hardwood Flooring: Hardwood floors have always been the most durable type of flooring to apply in the kitchen. This type of flooring option works best when combined with the other current trends like neutral colors and modern designs.
Author’s Bio: Melvin owns a renovation company and deals in maintaining the building structure. He likes to provide stylish designs for kitchens to make them look distinct and unique.