The outdoor space in a house is no longer left vacant. Every other day new concepts are emerging that enhance the beauty of the home and add to its value. Screened porches were once a rarity. Today, they are part of many household décor. These porches are available in various design and style. The accessories and furnishings in the porch should be arranged in such manner so that they do not obstruct the path. Earlier, people would construct home additions on their own but it is always advisable to take refuge in professionals for such type of work. Plenty of construction contractors are available online today. One can easily find out which company in his/her locality offers the best price for such décor purposes.
Checklist for Designing a Screened Porch:
Some important points need to be maintained before one indulges in building a screened porch.
- Budget for the Work: One must always make a budget for the work. It may occur to one that the work will involve less money if no professional is hired. But the truth is that more expenses are incurred when one takes personal initiative. It is best to refer to a professional for getting the best out of the investment made.
- Practical Decisions: One must also look in the architecture of the home and the surroundings prior to designing a screened porch. It is very important that a space that is visually appealing remains durable and functional.
- Hiring Professional: One must not try to work it out on his own. Only a professional can give the desired look to the screened porch. In an attempt to save money, one may end up losing more.
Essentials for Screened Porches:
- Use of Doors: One must consider where to include the door and what door type should be used. The point to be noted while choosing the door placement is that the traffic should not be obstructed while moving to and fro through the screened porch. Aluminum doors are best.
- Screening Aspects: One must try to use fiberglass screens instead of aluminum one as the latter tend to crease easily and are difficult to be replaced.
- Lighting: It must be remembered that screens prevent light from entering the rooms adjacent to it. Therefore, planning the location of the porch must be made carefully. One can also use recessed lighting like bulbs attached to ceiling fans or sky light for powerful lighting.
- Furnishings: One must consider buying furnishings depending on the size and style of the porch. Too big furniture can be hindrance to the traffic and suit only larger spaces.
The design and style chosen for screened porches are based on the themes of the home interior. However, one must not accessorize the porch too much as it will consume too much space, hindering the walking path. One must take a good look at the porch and walk through it to ensure that the porch serves its purpose.
James Pattrick is a freelance writer, professional blogger, and social media enthusiast .He writes article on Home Décor, Construction and Real-estate topic. To know more detail about home construction contact Fineline Construction You can follow him on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook.