We all want to improve the appearance of our homes. Whether you’re a new homeowner or you are planning on moving in the near future, it’s never a bad time for some home improvement. The best advantage of home improvement is that you can increase the value of your home and that’s what these tips will help you accomplish!
1. Repair the Exterior: The first thing people see is the exterior of your house so make a good first impression! Repair any shutters, gutters, windows, and parts of your roof that need work. Also, touch up the paint job around the outside of the house.
2. Spruce up Your Landscape: A good landscape is a sign of a nice house. Mowing, edging and watering your lawn are great ways to accomplish this. Fertilizers and weed killers are also good ways to keep the lawn looking nice. Planting a few flowers and shrubs can also bring some great beauty to the outside of your house. Spreading mulch or pine straw around your flower beds and islands around your landscape will make it look even better!
3. Repaint the Interior: For a fresh new look inside your house, try some new paint colors or wallpaper. These are cheap ways to add a new feel to your home and you can do it yourself!
4. Find good deals on art: A good complement to a new interior paint job is some new art. You can find some great art at affordable prices from local vendors and on art websites.You could even have different styles of art for each room!
5. Reupholster or recover your furniture: If new furniture is not in the budget then just reupholster or recover your current furniture. It’s affordable and they will look brand new. You can always get new lamps and blinds to go with your furniture and create a new look.
6. Lighten up the kitchen: You don’t have to re-do your kitchen to make it look good. Just update a few things like your drapes and wallpaper. Other simple improvements, like table decorations, can really spice up the kitchen!
7. Freshen up the entrance room: Your entrance room is the first room your guests will see when they walk into your home, so make sure it has a welcoming feeling! A new rug is a perfect way to warm up the welcome. You could also put some flowers in a vase or display other decorative items to make your entrance room feel more welcoming.
8. Straightening up the bathrooms: To prevent any leaks or water damage, caulk around your sinks, tubs, and showers. Also, try to clean your bathrooms regularly so they look as appealing as bathrooms can get! Sometimes replacing an old sink, toilet, or mirror can bring new life into your bathroom.
9. Get rid of your old and unwanted items: Have a garage sale. It’s the best way to get rid of old stuff you don’t want and you could make some cash while doing it! You’ll decrease some of your clutter around the home which could make it look more spacious.
10. Keep it Clean: When your home has an overall clean feeling to it then it will simply look better. So if a cleaning service isn’t in the budget, try to keep it clean by yourself, especially when you are expecting company.
Hopefully these tips will help you improve your home and increase its value. If you know any other tips to improve your home or increasing its value then share with us!
Author Bio: Mitch Seibert writes about ways to save money on utilities around the home. Read more of Mitch’s articles on the Allconnect.com blog.