In a today’s modern world, even the thieves have access to the latest technology. A burglar will have no qualms about wielding the tools they have to break into your home, steal your identity, your belongings, and ruin your sense of security. With a modern thief on the prowl, home-owners have be sure they are aware of the most advanced security features on the market so that they can properly protect their homes from intrusion. Luckily, the latest innovations in technology have yielded an excellent crop of new security tools and upgrading an older home security alarm system is very easy. These innovations and high technology features have taken home security systems to a new level.
Below are some of the best security tools to protect your home:
- Automatic, motion-sensing external lighting – this is a smart, effective way to make your home look occupied even if you are away. It helps deter criminals from being in easy view while they commit a crime. Motion-sensor lighting saves energy too because it only comes on when motion is sensed. This type of lighting is ideal for those ‘hidden’ spots around your home: the side door that leads into the garage, for example. No burglar wants to be seen while they are in the act of doing their dirty work and your home security system can shed a lot of useful light on the problem to deter them.
- Surveillance cameras – another smart and effective way to improve your home’s security is to install surveillance cameras. These cameras can be installed on the exterior of your home and they have the ability to record a crime in progress in the daylight or even in the dark. Surveillance cameras can also be installed within the interior of your home as well. Surveillance cameras can be motion-activated too so they use less energy while keeping a virtual eye on what is happening in and around your home at all hours of the day or night.
- Window and door sensors – these have become so tiny and effective in recent years. They can be installed very quick and easily as many are wireless. Once they are in place, any-time an armed door or window is opened or closed, you will know. Depending on how the alarm is configured you will either receive a notification and/or a signal will be sent to the central monitoring station.
- Glass break sensors – among the latest tools on the home security system scene, these sensors are used to sense when glass is broken in the process of burglary. A typical thief wants to get in quickly and be gone just as quickly as possible. Instead of trying to pick locks or use other methods of entry, these burglars are far more likely to simply break the glass, reach in, and unlock a door or window to gain entry into a home or office. In some cases the burglar may even shatter the glass and jump in through a window.
- Driveway security systems – these are helpful additions to a home security system, especially if you live on a large plot, in a remote area or where visitors are less frequent. Driveway security systems simply emit an alert that someone is coming so you can be aware of their presence and determine whether help is needed.
Wireless home security systems have become very popular in recent years for a few great reasons.
- As the wireless technology improved and became more reliable, wireless home security became the system of choice for many home-owners. This is no longer new technology and many of the “kinks” have been worked out.
- Wireless home security, like many other wireless devices today, is very inexpensive. The price has dropped dramatically over the years making it affordable for almost all home-owners.
- There is no need for wires or electrical leads. This means you don’t have to pay high installation fees or even replace batteries because the system runs on a wireless signal which saves you money year over year.
- With a wired home security system, you don’t have to worry about cut phone lines or other things that can deactivate your home security system leaving your home exposed to unnecessary risk.
Other improvements to home security systems are integrating smoke and fire detection as well as carbon monoxide gas detection to keep the occupants of your home safe from these sometimes invisible or sudden dangers.
About the Author
This article is authored by GuardMe Security’s Content Management Team. GuardMe Security’s goal is to design and install outstanding home security tools to protect your home. Contact us for a quote for your custom home security Alarms today.