While no home security system can completely prevent anything unpleasant from happening to your family or to your home, it does reduce the probability of something bad happening. Video surveillance is a popular component of home security in NC for a few simple reasons:
- Cameras are effective – as deterrents and for having legal evidence to prosecute a burglar who breaks into your home. If a thief sees that a property is under surveillance they may think twice about following through with the burglary. If they disregard the cameras or do not see them and move forward with the crime you will have hard evidence when reviewing the security footage.
- Cameras are useful – giving you peace of mind and a view of what’s going on at home. It is now possible to be able to monitor your property from a computer or mobile device. Also certain systems will automatically alert you and send you images of your property if motion is detected. This is a great feature if you have a second home and want to check things out without physically being there or if you would like to just check in on the housekeeper or babysitter.
- Cameras are inexpensive – these days the technology has never been cheaper or easier to install. Wireless security systems and advances in technology have made installing security cameras affordable. Security cameras come in different shapes and sizes and they are designed to be installed in certain places throughout the home.
Not only do cameras protect your home simply by their presence, home security cameras are often an excellent deterrent to thieves. Burglars prefer an easier, less risky option, but cameras can also be put in seldom-used or difficult to watch areas of your home depending on what you need.
While the standard, resalable items like televisions, jewelry, expensive clothing and art are all very popular with thieves, they have begun to branch out and steal items previously unheard of. For example, in some regions of the country, with the cost of utilities rising, thieves have been stealing home heating oil because it can be resold. Others have stripped copper from the basements of homes while the owner is away on vacation.
Some of the most strategic locations to install security cameras for home include the following:
- The garage – inside and out – because garages are very often robbed for tools and other easily sold objects. Also, if the garage is attached to the home intruders often try to enter the living space through the garage.
- Storage sheds and outdoor buildings where thieves may break in or drifters may squat. Sometimes you may have a shed or external structure that you do not go into that often. This does not mean others are not frequenting your property.
- The entry doors – so you can see who is entering and leaving and on what schedule. In addition entry door surveillance will allow you to see who is at the doorbell when you are home.
- Secluded parts of the exterior of your home – where there is a natural hiding spot that could be used by someone who wants to break in. Some examples may be maintenance doors leading to your basement or basement windows. If a thief gets into the basement it is usually very easy to enter the living space.
Security cameras are a high tech, yet affordable, solution to a safe neighborhood. In today’s day and age many of us spend what feels like our lives out of the home, whether we are at the office, on the road, or traveling. Since we tend to be out and about most of the time we can’t be home to keep an eye on everything with our own eyes, as if we were there. The solution is easy; installing home security cameras in and around your home will help to simplify your life and give you peace of mind.
The combination of motion sensors, lights, and cameras is ideal because the lights and the camera come on when motion is sensed. If someone is approaching your home by breaking into the garage, you will know immediately. Be sure to take the time to not only search for the right home security company in but to also discuss the many security options available to you.
About the Author
This article is authored by the content management team at GuardMe Security- a trusted provider of home security in North Carolina for over 15 years. GuardMe Security’s goal is to design and install outstanding wireless systems for home security in NC to meet the needs and budgets of our customers. Contact GuardMe Security & request a free quote for custom home security in North Carolina today.
I am writing to let you understand what a outstanding experience my
friend’s girl developed studying your web page. She learned
some issues, not to mention what it is like to have an amazing giving mood to let other people without problems understand specific
grueling matters. You actually did more than readers’ expectations.
Thank you for producing such good, healthy, informative and also fun thoughts on that
topic to Janet.
I went over this web site and I think you have a lot of fantastic information, saved to my bookmarks
Comments are closed.